Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Early Age Politics

Sunday after church, Quinton and I went to Dougherty's Orchard to hang out with my ex-boss and her kids. Braeden is 5 and thinks Quinton is the coolest human being alive. Kyler is 10 and a little smarter. After the petting zoo and apple dumplings (which Q and I inhaled in under a minute) we walked to the cars. Kyler asked me if I was going to vote, and of course I told him yes. He crossed his arms and huffed, "you are so lucky!" He was telling me about how half the kids in his class didn't even know who John McCain was, and he was glad they couldn't vote because they were stupid. Then he told me that Nickelodeon had a 1-800 number for kids to call in and vote. He said Obama was winning by a lot. He then proceeded with a million "did you know" questions (half of which I didn't) then gave a compelling speech on why the voting age should be lowered.

I was telling mom this story yesterday after we voted. That's right folks, I'm done. I don't have to sit and dwell on who I want to finish running this country into the ground. I already picked one! Mom and I went with Grandma, who wanted to avoid the long lines. Anyways, mom said that must be the age to get into politics. She told me about my political breakdown when Bill Clinton was elected into office in '92. She said I sat in front of the TV and cried. I don't know if it was because I like George Bush Sr. or I knew that my family was republican and Bill Clinton wasn't. I haven't the slightest idea. Mom said it was funny at first, but then she started to worry hehe. Eventually I got over it. As of right now I would even say that Bill Clinton was the best president in my lifetime.

I've been praying for time to stop Monday night, but I know that's asking a bit much. So I pray that voters make an educated decision. I pray that whoever is selected does what is best for OUR country, but most of all I pray that we make it to another election.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I hate when kids know more than me! Stupid kids . . .

;o)