Friday, April 24, 2009

Completely Relieved of Mower Duty

Dad, you should read this.........

So I mowed for my very first time on Easter Sunday. Let's just say I did bad enough to where Quinton would never let me do it again. Before bed the other night I told him it was gonna be nice tomorrow so I should mow. He said not to worry about it and he would do it when he was off work. I said I would do it before I went to work. He said to really not worry about it (told you I did a bad job). I said AGAIN I would do it in the morning.

He came home from work and sent me a text. I didn't mow. He said he would do it tomorrow. I said I would....this went on for awhile. I set my alarm for 8 this morning (which is early because I didn't have to be at work til noon) so I could tackle the yard.

Woke up (to a beautiful day) and headed outside. Try as I may, I couldn't get the mower started. So I did what any girl would do. I called daddy :)

I knew as soon as he came over, he would get it started no problem. I knew there was gas in it. That wasn't the problem. As soon as he grabbed the handle, AND PULLED THE LEVER BACK, I knew what the problem was!

I sent him home because I was ready to go now. I made two passes around the yard (just like Q told me to) and started on my journey. There is an akward spot between the side of the house and the heater thing outside that you just have to push the mower back and forth to get the grass. I was trying to make it as neat as possible. I was on a pass back toward the house when I saw a leaf. There isn't a tree within 1,000 ft of my house......

SIDE NOTE
I LOATHE FROGS. Seriously, as a grown human being, I have peed my pants when coming in contact with a frog. Kids chase me, adults tease me, friends mock me. It's not good.

.......before I have time to put two and two together, I am mowing over a 20lb (not really but close enough) bull frog. As I see a leg fly to the right of me, I quickly mow over it as well. I've seen lizards grow tails back, so I didn't want to take a chance that the leg would grow a frog back!

I felt bad, only for a second (let this be a lesson to other frogs that try to invade my territory), and kept mowing. That is until the mower stopped completely. I think I have solidified the fact that mowing will now be Quinton's job.....thank God!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Man, Emily, how did you pass biology in school? Or did you dive into dissecting frogs with a vengence? LOL

Yeah, your Dad is pretty handy to have around the house... :)

Glad you and Q have the mower controversy solved!

Love you!