Thursday, July 31, 2008

Circle of Life

Everyone, meet my nephew Oscar:

Oscar is an Oscar (somebody got real creative). He is just your normal fish, living happily in his little aquarium by the couch. I am house sitting for my sister while she is away on business. My job is to make sure the kids are fed and no fireworks are let off in the backyard (i did find a 50 ft. long sparkler that I may make an exception for). The dogs are easy, but I had to make a special trip for Oscar food.
Everyone, meet a dozen Rosy Reds:


The Rosy Reds had no idea their time had come when the green net jumped in and swooped them from their home. The car ride to Audra's was long and quiet. Maybe they new the fate that awaited them. I will never know. For my own piece of mind, I wrote them a goodbye letter. I followed the directions and put them in their net. Over to the tank they went. Some tried to jump ship (thank goodness the dogs don't like sushi) while others laid there quietly. Oscar was ready and waiting with a hungry eye. As soon as they hit the water, the hunt was on.

It didn't take long:

The last time I checked there was one lonely Rosy Red watching watching his back. I leaned close to the tank and told him he was doomed.

12 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

You poor dear! You'll need counseling after this house sitting! :) hang in there!!! ha!

Audra said...

YAY!!! I really miss feeding Oscar. He has a personality all his own! =) Thank you little. You're the best!

missval said...

it never ceases to amaze me that when i look over to your blogs for a little something creative...you absolutely have the most hilarious post.
So does Oscar feel guilty for his violent tendencies?

Sue said...

I love the picture with the fins sticking out. GULP!!!

Irun Man said...

You should remind Oscar that there's always a bigger fish in the sea looking for a meal. His time will come too!

Irun Man said...

BTW, how do you get the little picture to appear beside your name when you post a comment? I haven't figured that out yet. :}

Audra said...

Uhmm, Todd....you're talking about my kid here. I would never tell your kid that there are cuter kids out there, so don't try to tell me kid that there's a bigger fish out there!! =) ha I was going to tell you how to fix your avatar, but never mind no. OK, I'll tell. Go to your dashboard, hit edit profile, scroll down to photograph and upload away!! =)

Now leave my kids alone! =) ha

Unknown said...

I find this all very disturbing. Just look at the smug on Oscar's face. His problem is himself. If he would quit eating all the other fish maybe he wouldn't be so sour, yes sour. I think he has some bitterness in his heart. I think he really wants to be a dog, because I hear they get all the attention in that house.

Audra said...

Actually, for a fish, he's pretty inactive. He'll sit there while I talk to him, he likes to chase my finger, he jumps up and open the lid on the tank when he's hungry. Except for the whole eating other fish as lunch, he's pretty cool. The doggies love him. They will sit on the couch and watch him swim for the longest time! He's actually their pet. =) Anytime you want to feed him, just let me know. =)

Audra said...

By inactive, I meant interactive. Opps. I was trying to say he's a cool fish.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Audra if I misjudged your fish. I thought the frown on Oscar's face was a smug look but I guess I was wrong. Maybe he was trying to look dapper for the camera...like Sue's Dad!

I'm sorry Sue, I think I've made the whole family mad now! Would you all like some Zucchinni Bread? It's fresh out of the oven.

Hobbs Family said...

Note to self...Don't let Audra or Emily take the kids pet shopping!!!!