Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Free Fun!!!


My wonderful big sister took me on a mini vacation, and I had so much fun!!! We drove down to Santa Claus, IN for a trip to Holiday World. First I want to say that they really take the Santa Clause theme and run with it. We stayed Santa's Lodge which was located on Christmas Blvd. Our dinner was catered by St. Nick's Restaurant. There were a million Frosty the Snowmen's and Santa photo ops everywhere! I've heard of Christmas in July, but it's Christmas ALL YEAR ROUND there. I met tons of wonderful people. Some from Audra's company, some locals, and some Canadians hehe.
It ended up being a pretty late night so when Monday morning rolled around the last thing I wanted to do was spend all day in the sun getting whipped around on coasters. So we hit up Splashin Safari first. It was very relaxing. There were a lot of family's with little ones so we were in good company. We did the wave pool for a little bit then grabbed Nicole and were off to Bakuli! The line was very short and went super fast! There was a height requirement, but there were also a ton of little kids in line so I wasn't too worried.....
I now know what a goldfish being flushed feels like! There was a lot of darkness and a lot of spinning! It was not a "let's do that again" ride, but I did recommend it to everyone! It was then time to eat. Did I mention that Holiday World offers free drinks! Really there are Pepsi Oasis's everywhere. You just grab a cup and fill er up! Vendors only sell bottled water because everything is free and unlimited! They also have sunscreen stations so there is no excuse for not protecting your skin! The pizza smelt better than it tasted but oh well. We did a couple water slides next and a few passes in the lazy river. Back to the wave pool for a quick core "workout" (that is kicking my butt today) then it was time for the big guns!
After a few hours of laziness in the water we were ready to go for The Legend. The lines were really short. Everyone did those rides first and went to Splashin Safari to cool down. Audra and I like to do things backwards, and for once it worked to our advantage! We didn't have to wait in line at all for the coasters! TMI ahead just so you know. I started my womanly week of misery early. Wooden roller coasters+cramps=Bad Idea. I was ready to be done after that, but we had to ride The Voyage. It has been rated the number one wooden roller coaster in the world for like 5 years. Number one wooden roller coaster in the world+cramps=REALLY bad idea!
I would also like to add that Holiday World has also been voted Cleanest and Friendliest Amusent park in the world for the past 8 years! And it was! I couldn't help but notice there were a lot of Emily's that worked there. I'm just sayin...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh! Why wasn't I invited? Just kidding!
I have also heard good things about Holiday World. I'm glad you girls had a good time.
Crayton was there yesterday:-) Too bad you missed him!

Audra said...

I had such a great time and couldn't imagine having that fun with anyone else!!! That being said...I get to go on your next company trip. And by company trip I mean Key West!! ha

Hobbs Family said...

Is it a place for my age kiddos? Looking for something close before we head back to school YUCK!

Forever Photo's said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfw9CF_C5M

Check this out