Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lost

So it has been almost 5 days since I have sat at a computer. I survived but missed SO much!

I am happy to report that Dave Matthews put on a spectacular show Friday and Saturday. Friday was classic Dave. He even played Satellite which was a pleasant surprise (he hadn't played it in over 5 years). Saturday was ridiculous! They played my favorite song (Everyday) and even did a few covers. Pink Floyd's Money, and The Beatles That's What I Want. Tim Reynolds joined them for the weekend. The electric guitar element at a live DMB show was something I hadn't got to experience yet. Between great music, wonderful food on the grill, new friends, women with flaming chains, and filthy feet from camping it was a great weekend!

Last night was dinner with those crazy people I went to New Orleans (plus Leslie who came in Ashley's place). It's always great to see them. Nothing beats watching Jeremy and Nathan give Donna a hard time. I recommend that everyone witness it at least once! On the way home Jeremy and I got to listen to the CD from the service with everyone's testimonys. Tracy was right. Jeremy said "you know" at least 50 times hehe! It was also great to hear Nathan singing his song. I could listen to it over and over and over!!

I have tomorrow and Thursday off so I'm returning to my old stomping grounds...Fayette Co. Free Fair. Tomorrow is the cattle show so I'm going to go watch Phillip, and all the other kids that weren't even born yet when I was in that ring, show!

6 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Emily- we were glad to have all of you here last night! Our door is ALWAYS open... you know... you should have taken those left overs home! They sit snuggly in my freezer right now... so if you get hungry for it again, just give us a visit! :) I'll even make up breadsticks to go with it! Later!

Unknown said...

Emily, you are officially an "old timer" so get back in that ring and show'em what you got!
In case its not a Shorthorn....it will be alright:D

Have fun!

Emily said...

i was an "old timer" my first year out! what does that make me now?!

Sue said...

Hey, did you know the Beatles', "That's What I Want" is really called, "Money"?

GLAD to hear you had such a "Ridiculous" time!!! (That means wonderful, in case anybody was wondering...)

Audra said...

You forgot to mention that you also get to watch your favorite niece and nephew this week!

You have to blog about feeding Oscar. It's something I'm going to miss doing. =)

Hobbs Family said...

So glad you came to the fair! Phillip, Hattie, and Chris are still in bed...(Sat. 9 a.m.) Hattie was so tired last night she wouldn't quit crying. By the way Hattie won the "old timers" showmaneship with Daddy's help of course. I will be posting pics. Off to Toby Keith tonight. Hopefully see you at church this evening.