Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Who's your best friend?

My friend Quinton is a typical single, young, man living on his own. The only thing different is that he has about 4 sets of dishes. Not a big deal? Yes it is a big deal when you don't do dishes until every single one is dirty. This is his kitchen when I got to his house today:

GROSS!!! I'm not the cleanest person in the entire world, but really??!! I found dishes from left over Red Lobster. The last time he ate at Red Lobster was with me...A MONTH AGO! I swear I'm going to donate his body to science after he falls asleep one night. That man has to be lined in cancer fighting cells to survive walking through this kitchen everyday and not die. His coffee pot:

Yep...that's mold. I asked him if he wanted help cleaning and he so conveniently brought up just a couple weeks ago when he washed and waxed my car just to be nice....so I did it (after I made him throw in a mac n cheese kids meal from burger king with apple fries and a fruit punch).



If it adds a few more years to my friends life than it wasn't wasted time. Oh, if anyone wants to know what he was doing the while I was risking my life in that death trap he calls a kitchen, he was busy too. He was hooking up the surround sound in his living room and playing an entire game of baseball on the PS3 to make sure it sounded ok....boys

7 comments:

missval said...

I stumbled across your blog...thanks for the laughs...it made my night!
4 sets of dishes...hmmm...how about donating 2 sets and then he will be forced to clean more often! it may prolong his life and health.
You're one heck a friend

Audra said...

Did you wear a bridesmaid dress while cleaning? NO? That just means you're going to have more fun helping me on Friday!!

Emily said...

do not fret audra...i'm saving the barney dress and fun for your house on friday! just don't stick me on dish duty please!

Audra said...

I'm not doing dishes!! That's why I'm having a cleaning party!! ha

Sue said...

I cannot comment on the "before" picture (LOL), but the "after" sure looks awesome...

I trust the cleaning party is
AFTER the yard sale on Friday??????

Kris Sorensen said...

Cool... PS3 with surround sound... yes!!!

;-)

Unknown said...

Emily, you are so brave! But I'm wondering....if his kitchen looks like that....please, don't go near the bathroom! LOL
Sorry Quinton :-(